I must admit that I do not update this page very often. However, below is a list of things that we use (and run out of) often.
While we know that some people prefer to buy items and donate them, we are always in desperate need of money. Our operating budget is only around $90,000 a year, yet every year we struggle to reach that goal. Please consider sending money in addition or in leu of donating material goods.
You can mail a check to PO Box 579, Alderson, WV 24910. Or donate on the internet here.
Things we use (and run out of) often
- Postage Stamps
- Toilet Paper (preferrably Seventh Generation, Marcal Small Step or other environmentally friendly brand)
- Paper Towels (preferrably Seventh Generation, Marcal Small Step or other environmentally friendly brand)
- Kleenex Tissues
- Large (39+ gallon) Trash Bags
- Seventh Generation Disinfectant Wipes
- Seventh Generation Disinfectant Cleaner
- Magic Eraser Bath Scrubbers
- Hand Soap Refill
- Mason Jars
- Fresh Produce
- Pasta Sauce
- Dry Beans
- Lemonade/Ice Tea Mix
- Kroger Gift Cards
- Ink Pens
- 16 oz Reusable Plastic Drinking Cups
- Good quality wash cloths/dish rags
- Good quality bath towels to match the rooms
- Double and Twin size Mattresses
We are looking to spruce up the bedrooms with some good artwork. Each room is named after a different woman (and one man). We would love to have some sort of artistic portrayal of each woman in their respective room. We are open to different types of media. It doesn’t have to just be a picture of that woman’s face. If you are interested in working with us on this project, please give us a call.